<
Monday, September 17, 2007
When I Said We Need a Toilet Snake, That Wasn't What I Meant 
 
by Lenka Reznicek [permalink] 
PLAINFIELD, N.J. (October 21 2005) -- Six Foot Snake Found In Toilet

A blocked drain at a home in North Plainfield, N.J., led to the discovery of a 6-foot snake in a family's toilet. Pete and Debbie Bias suspected there was a problem with their home's plumbing system after nearly a week of messy backups. The blockage moved mysteriously from the toilet in the basement to the second-floor bathroom, according to the report. The couple decided to move the toilet off its base to investigate the problem and found a 6-foot Brazilian Rainbow Boa named "Freddy."

"I called my wife over, she took a look at it and she said, 'Yeah, it looks like we have a snake in the drain,'" Pete Bias said. Police called in a local pet store owner Craig Ost to remove the reptile. "Luckily I grabbed it by the head," Ost said. "If I grabbed it by the tail, the thing probably would have scurried down the drain." It was not determined how Freddy wound up in the toilet but the Bias family suspects it entered the home through the sewer system.
Okay...it's old news. But tell me you don't appreciate a Monday good laugh at the expense of New Jersey.

Labels: ,