<
Friday, March 11, 2005
Neil Gaiman to Speak at University of Chicago April 19th 
 
by Lenka Reznicek [permalink] 
From Neil Gaiman.com:
I said I'd put up info about the University of Chicago "Evening With Neil Gaiman" talk when I got it. It's going to be on Tuesday the 19th of April 2005, at the Court Theatre, South Ellis Av University of Chicago, and tickets ($15 general, $5 for students) go on sale on March the 28th. All the info, including phone numbers and e-mail to get tickets with is up at http://arts.uchicago.edu/gaiman.html.

I'll be interviewed by Gretchen Helfrich, host of Chicago Public Radio's Odyssey, and will probably do some readings as well...
...and I have class that exact night, dammit, unless more people in my class sign up for a field trip to the Cook County juvenile correctional facility to hobnob with bangers. Gaiman and Gretchen Helfrich on the same stage. The universe seems to be conspiring to keep me from hearing Neil talk - I've missed no less than four chances over the past ten years or so, all because of scheduling conflicts or unexpected events. It's deucedly odd, I tell you.

On a lighter note, I just learned a dangerous new computer trick: how to properly record digital audio streams into Audacity, and save them as good-quality .mp3's. Ooo, ooo, ooo. (or is that 0001, 10010, 100?)