Friday, October 03, 2008
- Milt Jackson - "Angel Face"
- Brian Wilson - "Song for Children"
- Apoptygma Berzerk - "Rebel"
- Fugees - "The Score"
- Ulf Sandberg Quartet - "Bolivia"
- Rodriguez - "Inner City Blues"
- Sad Salamanders - "Dirty Martini Time"
- Foo Fighters - "Headwires"
- Hugh Masekela - "If There's Anybody Out There"
- Pretenders - "Talk of the Town"
If nothing else, that's a rather geographically and ethnically diverse Friday Top Ten. Say, remember the band Jesus Jones, of "Right Here, Right Now" renown? For some reason, I've been thinking about the Nineties a lot (wink wink). Probably all the Twin Peaks we've been watching. Here's one of the Jonesers' more obscure-but-enjoyable tracks (which you've likely never heard if you didn't listen to college radio back then, or own the Doubt cassette), "Who? Where? Why?" from the Doubt album:
(P.S.) I'm not sure of the origin of the "Evil Apple" logo above, but it's now my Windows background image. There's an even better "Evil Apple" image here.
Labels: friday random ten