<
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Q: Why is this blog called "farkleberries"? 
 
by Lenka Reznicek [permalink] 
A: That's the #1 question I get about the blog. Actually, when I started the blog I tried other names, but for some reason all were taken on the Blogspot domain (clearly, I wasn't being very original). "Farkleberries" was the 6th or 7th naming attempt, and to my joy I found a unique name!

Well, it could have been called "trilled postalveolar fricative."

That's the linguistic name for the uniquely Czech consonant, Ř, which the first initial of my last name if I care to spell it correctly.

I think that would have been a lot worse.

By the way, the serpent-eating-its-tail logo on the right side of this page is an ancient Mesoamerican symbol called the "seven-segmented ouroboros." That name would be almost as unique...

Labels: