Thursday, May 10, 2007So, purely by coincidence, I will find myself in one of America's oldest settlements this weekend - Jamestown, Virginia is celebrating its 400th anniversary, and the bro-in-law is graduating from college very close by (that's the coincidence). Guess who else is coming?
Yes, Her Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth II is planning a visit for the quadricentennial as well, as well as (reportedly) the President and Veep in Tow. Needless to say, it will be a royal traffic jam to say the least. Secret Service. Her Royal Guard. Thousands of Drunken Grads. Let me say it again: it will be historic.
I guess Queen Elizabeth II didn't find George W's faux pas about her alleged attendance at the nation's founding too offensive...anyhoo, here's what I'm listening to:
- XIII. Století -"Elizabeth" (no, that one's not random...ha.)
- Concrete Blonde - "Still In Hollywood"
- John Lennon and Yoko Ono - "Cleanup Time"
- James - "Come Home"
- Brazilian Girls - "Lazy Lover"
- Stars of the Lid - "Broken Harbors (Part 2)"
- Beastie Boys - "In 3's"
- Tangerine Dream - "Phaedra"
- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts - "Let It Bleed"
- Apoptygma Berzerk - "You Keep Me From Breaking Apart"