Tuesday, April 03, 2007
- An image gallery of all the lampshades that appear in David's Lynch's film Mulholland Drive Odd fact: I have both a red lampshade and a Tiffany "tree" lamp base that look just like the strange red lamp on "Diane Selwyn"'s phone table, but neither are on the same lamp. My personal favorite is the small Circline fluorescent mounted on a gooseneck wall fixture that appears in the "Filthy Low Class Kitchen" scene...because, of course, nothing says "low class" like a bald bulb. [mulholland-drive.net]
- Take the "Arial or Helvetica?" quiz, and see if you can tell the difference between the original (Helvetica) and the knock-off (Arial). Except for a slight difference in the width of the lower case 'e' they're pretty near identical.
- France's TGV (high-speed train) breaks record; an excellent French-language video of the speed test on Daily Motion (the train's ground speed is displayed in a graphics box at upper left for non-French speakers).
- "My Sweet Lord! Christians Need To Lighten Up": an Australian's opinion on the Chocolate Jesus Scandal [TheAge.com.au]
- File under "Setting A Good Example By Monkeying Around": Toronto principal pleads guilty to flinging feces at boy [CBC News.com]:
A Toronto elementary school principal was granted an absolute discharge after admitting to throwing human feces on a boy last July. Maria Pantalone, 49 and the sister of deputy mayor Joe Pantalone, pleaded guilty in court at Old City Hall on Monday to one count of assault. She had been facing two charges. "I couldn't take it anymore. It was total, total frustration," she testified, according to the Toronto Star.While the story does not specify whose feces were flung, it does note that the flinger is the Deputy Mayor's sister.
Labels: links du jour