Wednesday, February 28, 2007
- Two teen girls rob a Cobb Bank in Atlanta, wearing sunglasses as their only disguise. [Atlanta Journal-Constitution]
- Headlines don't get much grabbier than this: "Biodiesel from liposuctioned human ass-fat powers race boat" [via Boing Boing]
- Recent studies suggest that just sniffing rich food can cancel out the longevity-enhancing effect of a caloric-restriction diet [Scientific American], while another posits that simply thinking you had a strenuous workout can confer some of the benefits of actual exercise [via Collision Detection]...very strange.
- Oh, the memory of endless clicks on a grid, followed by a bang: A Brief History of Minesweeper [via Kottke.org]
- You'll be the first to know when the sh-t
hits the fanflies: Denmark's new GylleSMS ["ManureSMS"] lets farmers warn their neighbors of imminent manure spraying sessions using text messaging [via Neatorama]
- "Homers" rejoice! Now, you can get your Krispy Kreme™ fix with more fiber! Slashfood reports on the new variety: "[w]eighing in at only 180 calories each, the Whole Wheat Doughnut has a distinct caramel flavor and is similar in style to their 'original glazed'."
- Unfortunately, less surprising than one might wish for 500 years into the future: a detailed look at the creative logos and typography in Mike Judge's new dystopian comedy, Idiocracy on SpeakUp
- Lifehacker's crash course on becoming a Gmail Master
- When you've got to have the right word - even if vowels are verboten and consonants are compulsory, or vice versa - these online Strange Dictionaries are just the ticket.
- Three hundred years ago, some brave souls "disproved" the fact, but deep down inside we know...Tomatoes are Evil!!
Labels: links du jour