<
Friday, April 14, 2006
Happy Easter 
 
by Lenka Reznicek [permalink] 

[Thanks to Jim G.!]

[Thanks to Quinn!]

I enjoyed this comment on "Michigans" from James so much, I just had to share it on the main page:
"I always found the concept of the 'burgh and environs convinced that a hot dog with meat sauce was somehow unique to their region was kind of cute, but I guess it's the name that get's to me, as I've heard countless stories of how Michigan natives have no idea what this is about. Reminds me of this exchange:

Skinner: I hope you're ready for mouth watering hamburgers!
Chalmers: I thought we were having steamed clams?
Skinner: Oh no, I said steamed hams. That's what I call hamburgers.
Chalmers: You call hamburgers "steamed hams"?
Skinner: Yes. It's a regional dialogue.
Chalmers: Uh... what region?
Skinner: Uuuh. Upstate New York.
Chalmers: Really? Well I'm from Utica and I've never heard anyone use the phrase "steamed hams".
Skinner: Oh not in Utica, no, it's an Albany expression.
"
[Of course, beware the barbecue host that offers Cleveland steamers. Run, don't walk. Thanks to The Simpsons, of course...!]