Tuesday, November 08, 2005
- Need a replacement body organ, but can't find a transplant donor? Someday, perhaps sooner than you think, scientists may be able to print you one. [Slashdot]
- "Liberté, Égalité, Stupidité: Why can't the French government stop the rioting?" [Slate]
- Step aside, metrosexuals (those who read their history books will remember their earlier incarnation, dandies), here come the übersexuals!
- How Much Caffeine Would It Take to Kill You? (Apparently, I "could drink 659.75 cups of Green Tea before croaking." Er, not really. Not sure if the caffeine dosage calculated is LD-50 or close to 100% lethal, but still...) [EnergyFiend]
- WIRED News on history's worst (sometimes deadly) software bugs
- Archives: ManiaHill's transcript of the infamous 2002 Gene Simmons NPR interview by Terry Gross:
Terry Gross: Let's start with the makeup. Did you like being covered up on stage, did it make you feel any less vulnerable, or any less like Gene Simmons or your other names - Gene Klein or Chaim White, which was your birth name?It only gets better from there.
Gene Simmons: Close, but no guitars. It's Chaim Witz.
TG: Oh, thanks. Okay.
GS: You said it - well, the name came out through Gentile mouth, so it didn't quite have the flavor. It came out bland.
TG: Well it's - it's not a Gentile mouth.
GS: Ooh! Maybe it's a discussion we can have.