<
Thursday, September 22, 2005
The Blog Archive Meme 
 
by Lenka Reznicek [permalink] 
This lil' meme seen on feministe reminds me of another one I saw a year or so back, that required you to go to the book closest to you and follow these same instructions:
  1. Go into your archive.
  2. Find your 23rd post (or closest to).
  3. Find the fifth sentence (or closest to).
  4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
I've been fascinated with them for years but I've never actually eaten one, just read about them in old cookbooks and more recently in Neil Gaiman's American Gods, where the hero Shadow enjoys a preternaturally good Cornish pasty at a Wisconsin diner.
That post, from January 2003, is called "Ghost of a Cornish Pasty." I suppose blogs are now gaining the 'weight' of books? But tell me, what is it about the mystical significance of 23 and 5?