Friday, February 18, 2005
- As Dong Resin says, "Why, God, why?" Does the world really need a recipe for Hostess® Twinkies™ sushi?
- Which state is loonier, Alabama or Virginia? These days, it's getting hard to tell, but Old Dominion is giving the Yellowhammer (By the by, is AL's motto supposed to be 'Yellow Hammer' or 'Yello Whammer'?] state a run for the money. [The Two Percent Company, via Dispatches from the Culture Wars]
- Now there's a thought: ARCH-OS, an operating system for buildings [via Angermann2] Let's hope it's more reliable and less crashy than Windows™. Angermann2 also has a post with several excellent links on the latest trends in geographic positioning technology
- Remember MTV VJ Adam Curry? These days he's not only a blogger, but a proponent of take-it-to-the-streets entertainment and technology mergers, like the Adam Curry Podcasting Report
- Okay, I'll bite. Here's my Friday Random Ten on the Rio:
- Dub Narcotic Sound System - Banana Meltdown
- Eumir Deodato - Amelia
- Mark Snow - Millennium Theme (extended)
- Kat Yidaki - Setaya
- Sinc Collective - Love Song
- New Order - Blue Monday
- Calexico - Crystal Frontier (widescreen edition)
- Y Kant Tori Read - Fire On The Side
- The Legendary Pink Dots - A Triple Moon Salute
- Loop Collective - Holy Smoke
- If you're in the mood for secondary colors, harvest gold fondue pots and caipirinhas, check out Sabadabada.com, a labor of love by an unnamed music collector - it a treasure trove of long-lost Brazilian pop gems from the 60's and 70's as downloadable .mp3's; that's where I found the Eumir Deodato tune in the FRT list above. Groovy, period.
- There's a good recipe for caipirinhas on Looka!, and a tip on how to spiff up a vanilla malt shake - add Guinness to make a Stout Shake:
"Adding about an ounce of Guinness to a vanilla milkshake gives a level of maltiness that works very nicely. Even my brewing friends were a little reluctant to try it, but everybody seems to love it once they do. Well, actually, one really hardcore homebrewer said that he pours Guinness over icecream like it was Hershey's syrup."Makes sense...I think the roasty bitterness would give a coffee-like effect, which goes well with vanilla and/or chocolate, no?