Tuesday, January 11, 2005
- January 11th in history, from Wikipedia
- The History Channel
- Alexander Hamilton once said, "Those who stand for nothing fall for anything."
- In the Celtic zodiac, January 11th is ruled by the fir tree, "The Mysterious."
- January 11th according to the Beeb, and 100 Things We Didn't Know This Time Last Year
- "On This Day," from the New York Times
- January 11th is a day of importance in smoking history; this anti-tobacco cartoon was published on the date in 1868, and in 1964, the U.S. Surgeon General first issued the famous official warning that "cigarettes are hazardous to your health."
- Famous Capricorns
- At left, today's date on the Mayan calendar, displayed as a graphic stela. You can enter any date in Mayan Long Count* [convert Gregorian or Julian dates at Mayan Calendar Tools first] and generate your own stela image at Stela of the Day.