Friday, January 28, 2005
- The Chicago Transit Authority has ordered 700 new New York style subway cars [i.e., the seats face the aisles, as opposed to the current Chicago layout of double rows facing foward on the right, rearward on the left with a few odd seats tossed in the corners]. I'd feel more sanguine about the idea if CTA hadn't planned on service cuts due to budget shortfalls. [Chicago Tribune]
- Mother, taxpayer and PBS viewer Cindy at EclecticEveryday writes a letter to the new Secretary of Education
- Listening to: free 1960's Brazilian pop music mp3's on Sabadabada.com [via del.icio.us]
- From I Love Sandwiches (yes, a blog about sandwiches): "The trickiest, sleaziest, cheapest sandwich we've seen so far. And we've seen a lot." [via KIPlog's FOODBlog]
- Not your kid's cocoa: Moogdrenk caffeinated cocoa puts the zip back in shoveling out parking spaces, though it might lead to more dibs-related fistfights:
..."dibs,"...what Northbrook lawyer Daniel Schaeffer elegantly refers to as "droit du shoveleur" (dwah duh shawvel-YUH), pidgin French for "the rights of the shoveler." -- Eric Zorn, Chicago Tribune[via FuckCorporateGroceries]
- "But ossifer, I'm minty fuuuuh-reshh. (*hic*)"
- Will Gillette™ now be accused of manufacturing hell razors?
- Newsflash: a 2 million pound pile of bullshit is burning; not in D.C., but in Nebraska. Film at 11.