Tuesday, January 18, 2005
- University of Chicago Magazine has an official weblog, UChiBLOGo
- Gapers Block looks back at CTA Worst Case Scenarios (including its two worst train accidents, in 1974 and 1970
- Vermont's new renewable energy resource: It's Cow Powered!
- Centerstage Chicago's Virtual L™ Guide: pick a hood, any hood
- Beleaguered Krispy Kreme Corp. has ousted CEO Steve Livengood. I predict KK will eventually see a return to vigorous sugar-bomb sales - though likely not as high as at the height of the Krispy Kraze. There are, after all, more Homer Simpsons in the world than there are Dr. Atkinses, and people did (do?) wait for unconscionable lengths of time to get their Krispy Kremes at the Loop.
- Fishermen off Nova Scotia have trapped a bi-colored, bi-gendered lobster [CBC News, pics]