Wednesday, December 08, 2004
- 24 years ago today: former Beatle John Lennon is gunned down in New York City. 360degrees has a Quicktime VR panoramic of Strawberry Fields, Lennon's Central Park memorial. Where were you when you heard the news? I heard the news when my alarm radio went off to get ready for school...8th grade. The radio station, WPST in Trenton, NJ used the orchestral sounder from No.9 Dream as a "special report" intro all day.
- If you're sick and tired of listening to public cell phone half-conversations, you'll enjoy SHHH's [the Society for Hand Held Hushing] Fight Back brochure [PDF], packed with snarky print-them-yourself stickers and handouts to discreetly tip off clueless yakkers; it's the cellphone equivalent of the Hint Mint.
- Yet another reason to stay in the city: come January 1st, Illinois highway tolls will double, double! for all vehicles not using an I-Pass. Is it anything less than not-so-subtle coercion to "chip" resident's cars while reducing the need for human tollbooth operators (although I admit most toll lanes these days are "manned" by change-catcher baskets)? Making matters worse, some vehicle windshields are not I-Pass compatible because of the nature of the glass or a conductive coating. [via Gapers Block]
- Cellophane Sun's L-Word Transcripts
- Quote of the Day: "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anaïs Nin