Thursday, September 16, 2004
- What could happen if you lost a Flash memory card containing about a year's worth of private photos - then someone found the card and published the pictures in a blog, complete with loads of fictional commentary? See the results at http://ifoundsomeofyourlife.blogspot.com/. [via Wither In The Light]:
In my possession is one (1) memory card from a digital camera. This memory card was found in a taxi in New York City. I have no idea who the owner of the camera is.
The pictures on the memory card were taken over the course of exactly one (1) year in this person's life, starting July Twenty-Fifth, Two Thousand and Three (07-25-03) and ending July Twenty-Fourth, Two Thousand and Four (07-24-04).
I am going to post one (1) picture here each day. As there are two hundred and twenty-seven (227) pictures, there will be two hundred and twenty-seven (227) posts. The pictures will appear in chronological order according to the timestamp accompanying each image.
As the images add up, I will attempt to assemble an identity for this unknown person. Each day's new picture will be a fresh addition to this photographic life-documentation. Only with the unveiling of the final picture (the two hundred and twenty-seventh (227th)) will we finally have a full understanding of this person's life over the past year - at least as far as these pictures will allow us to infer.
Further, in an attempt to present this pictoral information in a more personal manner, and also to better allow for some artistic license, I am going to pretend that I am the owner of the camera. I'll call me Jordan, because that's the name on my birthday cake (you'll see). Enjoy.
- Disney characters gone bad: "Goofy" charged with shoving two photographers at the Orlando theme park; earlier this year same employee was charged and later acquitted of fondling a 13-year old girl while costumed as "Tigger."
- Play the Dilberito Game! Show Dilbert™ the proper foods (that fall from the sky like manna from heaven), avoid doughnuts and fried chicken while making him do pushups and jumping jacks to keep his weight down - and help him avoid the Grim Reaper. [Flash animation - thanks to Dave at Temperantia for the Dilbert link!]
- Get a first-hand taste of life in Madison, WI - complete with shots of local 'fixture' Scanner Dan - at Trout Fishing in South Central Wisconsin
- Classic cool theater: since 1988, Too Much Light Makes The Baby Go Blind has offered 30 plays in 60 minutes...T.M.L.M.T.B.G.B. by the Neofuturists of Chicago!
- Deutsche Welle now offers their website and news in Klingon