<
Thursday, April 29, 2004
In Search of: the Boscoware™ Mug 
 
by Lenka Reznicek [permalink] 
UPDATE: Although I have not ordered from them personally, Replacements Ltd. offers a search service for Boscoware® Signature pieces, including mugs: http://www.replacements.com/webquote/SIGBOSCR.htm
. Might be worth looking into?

About 6 or 7 years ago, I received a "thank you" holiday gift from a Canadian ad agency sales rep I'd worked with closely during my days as a television commercial producer. Morrie was a friendly, outgoing 50-something guy (who could sell ice to the Eskimos) I shared many a laugh with during drives to Montreal-area businesses to "pitch" ad ideas. He helped smooth the way during some crazy outdoor 3AM commercial shoots for a well-known strip club on Ste. Catherine Street back in 1998-99; you should have heard the "concept" meetings - I'll have to tell you about them some time.

Anyhoo, his parting holiday gift was a set of four BoscoWare™ coffee mugs that I have used almost every day since...they're the perfect mug. Solid, durable, with a hand-pleasing shape and ridges on the sides that help keep the mug squarely in the hands of a pre-caffeine sleepyhead. They came in a set of yellow, green, blue and plum-colored mugs with matching saucer/lids. The mark on the bottom reads "Made in Thailand" and "Boscoware - Quality Like Mom Had".

The were purchased in Canada, and I have not seen these mugs for sale anywhere in the States. I'm terrified of breaking them, and it's a miracle I haven't yet. Would any of my Canadian friends (hint, hint) know where I could buy some more of these? Morrie, if you're reading this, I hope you're well - and thanks for the mugs.