<
Thursday, April 22, 2004
The Answer in Blowin' is the Wind 
 
by Lenka Reznicek [permalink] 
Today I made my first guest-posting on Mutinous Winds, a new group blog "about public speech and how it's limited and shaped by market forces and the institutions of democracy." The blog was recently founded by Paul Goyette of Locussolus, who also runs the Chicago Blogmap.
Weak masters though ye be, I have bedimm’d
The noontide sun, call’d forth the mutinous winds
And ’twixt the green sea and the azur’d vault
Set roaring war; to the dread rattling thunder
Have I given fire, and rifted Jove’s stout oak
With his own bolt;

[The Tempest, Act V, Scene I]
The subject of my first MW post: how the Seattle Times recently broke the Bush administration's ban on media coverage of caskets and burials of the returning Iraq war dead. The MW roster seems to be a highly intellectual group - I'll be a bit out of my league for while, I think - but I'm excited about the chance to take part in an outside weblog project like this. It should be an interesting and educational "meeting of the minds"!