<
Tuesday, December 02, 2003
The Lion That Squeaked 
 
by Lenka Reznicek [permalink] 
So, the much-anticipated (at least on my end) AP article on the Massachusetts same-sex marriage ruling finally appeared over the Thanksgiving holiday, more of a squeak than a roar. No backlash to speak of, which isn't surprising; only one sentence of our interview made the cut, and a half-facetious one at that. Being a former member of the "fourth estate" myself, I should keep the matter in perspective: 'tis far better to be underquoted than misquoted.

As I mentioned before, a moment in the back pages is just that, but 'Google is forever' - a cursory websearch now reveals a high proportion of listings referring to the article. Remember, this is a "light" story, relatively speaking - what newsers would call a "folo" (pronouced "follow"), a follow-up reaction to a more important breaking news piece.

I guess it's what you'd calling getting your toes wet in the media pool.