<
Tuesday, December 30, 2003
I Never Make New Year's Resolutions... 
 
by Lenka Reznicek [permalink] 
...because they are so damned hard to keep. If a resolution is worth keeping, I think it's worth doing no matter what time of year it is. As if the fact of tacking up a new calendar should be motivation to keep a promise.

It's like the old Yiddish joke about the town mohel's odd storefront decoration: a bare window, with only a clock. When asked why he kept a clock in his front window, the mohel replies, "well, what should I put there?" Good question.

Anyway, here goes my list of non-resolutions for 2004.Happy 2004, friends. I wish you health, love, prosperity and peace in the coming year, and remember the hidden lesson of the mohel's clock: don't let life simply pass by your front window - you never know when it may get cut off unexpectedly.

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit.