<
Monday, October 06, 2003
Take Five Lemons and Call Me in the Morning 
 
by Lenka Reznicek [permalink] 
Let's see...I've got a bunch of last-minute web searches to do tonight for my midterms this week (I really shouldn't be blogging. but I couldn't resist)...Dave Brubeck's Take Five CD bubbles confidently behind me as I type.

What's the 411? Recent events remind me that everything is balance.

Downside? In the past week or so, my car's brakes have had to be fixed twice; the upstairs apartment's sink flooded, peeling parts of our ceiling off, and the bathroom tub is currently clogged tighter than an IRS auditor's bung.

But that's okay. (Stuart Smalley inflection here.)

Upside? Someone moved out of our apartment building recently, leaving behind boxes of VHS tapes, good books, and other interesting "alley treats." The landlord is taking care of the plumbing - so we don't have to - and they'll paint the watersoaked walls once they dry. Plus, my little order of musical instrument accessories arrived today. Little things to make you smile...it's all about the balance.

Tip? When life hands you lemons, "Take Five"...and fuhgeddaboudit. There's nothing that doesn't look sunnier in the light of a sunny yellow sax solo, smiling knowingly at Brubeck's classic piano chart. "Take Five." Truer words have never been spoken.

Bye. Time to study.