<
Wednesday, October 08, 2003
California Guber Alles 
 
by Lenka Reznicek [permalink] 
This morning the alarm clock radio came on with NPR news coverage of Arnold Schwarzenegger's victory in the California gubernatorial recall election last night. Now, I tend to sleep like a log, so the victory speech weaseled its way under my REM stage cycle...just before I woke up I was dreaming of the crowd, Ahhnuld with both arms raised in the air Nixon-style...

[no allusions here, just free-association]

...giving thanks to the voters that have turned over the reins of America's oddest state to a political newcomer.

I hope he's a better businessman than actor, because California needs one. History will prove itself, I say. That, and I just like the word "gubernatorial." Say it with me: goober-nuh-tore-ee-al.