<
Tuesday, June 10, 2003
 
by Lenka Reznicek [permalink] 
WPLT 93.9-FM Memories: Where Are They Now?

Why didn't I do this before? It makes sense that many of my WPLT radio compatriots at SUNY Plattsburgh would be web-denizens, so I started some focused Googling:

Jack Weinstein, who had a Ska show during my WPLT tenure. Today, he's a philosophy professor at the University of North Dakota (NoDak!) - I'm sure he'd have something to say about my Kant and Nietszche rantings, no doubt. And he'd certainly be entitled to. I hadn't realized his father Mark was a renowned NYC jazz flautist.

John Allers was Program Director at WPLT in the late 80's, went on to commercial radio in Vermont at WEQX, and if I'm not mistaken is now at an alternative station in San Jose, California. At least that looks like his smooth-shaven pate in the website photo; and the eyes look about right. After all, how many John Allers can there be in radio? (Okay, theoretically there could be more than one - but the self-deprecating humor on that page has me convinced.)

Kerry Diamond, always a stylish gal even back in college, has made it big: she's the Beauty Editor for Harper's Bazaar magazine.

I'm certain more names will come to me...