<
Friday, June 13, 2003
 
by Lenka Reznicek [permalink] 
Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere Comes to DVD

If, like me, you've never seen the BBC's production of Neverwhere, you'll be happy to know A&E is offering the 2-disc Region 1 DVD set of the 6-part series for sale, ahead of retail release. Neil comments on his blog...and wouldn't you know, after not going to last weekend's Printer's Row Book Fair - I know, I promised I would - I find out Neil Gaiman was there as a speaker! [damndamndamndamndamn] Sour grapeses: these days, he's hotter than a Coach bag in Rogers Park, so his event would probably have been sold out anyway.

Off topic: ever tried putting your name into the Googlism search page? Typing in my full name gives one precisely accurate result. Type in Lenka only and it's a whole different story, and I do mean different.

My favorite "Lenka" Googlisms are:That sort of gives you the idea. Try entering your name, and if that doesn't turn up any search results, try your last name or first name only. Try your friend's names, or your favorite celebrities. Trust me - its worth its weight in giggles.

Another really fun piece of web candy is Rob's Amazing Poem Generator . Enter the URL of your target site, and a few seconds later the program spits out a poem generated from the page's code. If you enjoy Mad Libs you'll get a kick out of this. Today's randomly-generated farkleberries poem is:
Bloody fools. Oh, nearly 15 years? They released the jammed, and say,
next question!!!
Why? Frankenmuth?
or illusions of short stories penned by Robert Silverberg
An alternate reality in the
CDC, the
source of the
Lambs, Red Dragon and
sausage City, Museum. dedicated to
look this spring.
That's just too good to be true.