<
Friday, June 20, 2003
 
by Lenka Reznicek [permalink] 
How About You?
I like Chicago in June,
How about you?
I like a George Gershwin tune,
How about you?
I love Lake Shore Drive, when a storm is due ...
I like spicy plantain chips, moonlight and motor trips,
How about you?
I’m mad about good books, can’t get my fill,
And Mayor Daley’s looks,
don't give me a thrill ...
Holding hands in a movie show,
when all the lights are low may not be new,
But I like it, How about you?

I like Oprah’s jokes - to a degree...
I love the common folks, That includes me ..
I like to window shop, on Devon Avenue..
I like my sushi, late supper at Green Tea,
How about you?
I love to dream of fame,
maybe I’ll shine..
I’d love to see your name
right beside mine..
I can see we’re in harmony,
looks like we both agree
on what to do,
And I like it, How about you?
ca. 1941
Lyric by Ralph Freed, Music by Burton Lane
Mutilated by the farkleberry. The present is the integral sum of all our pasts.

Happy Summer, everyone...

I thought this was a headline from The Onion, but it's from CNN: "96 Percent of Cosmos Puzzles Astronomers".