<
Friday, April 04, 2003
 
by Lenka Reznicek [permalink] 
Friday Five Time!

1. How many houses/apartments have you lived in throughout your life? Twelve. That makes an average of 2.9 years at each location, but when you consider that I lived in one apartment in Trenton, New Jersey for 12 years that throws off the math a bit. Some the other places? Brno, Czech Republic; Vienna, Austria, Manhattan, the towns of Constable, Bombay and North Bangor, New York - and let's not forget Plattsburgh, NY - and now, Chi-town.

2. Which was your favorite and why? Probably that old house on Lynwood Avenue in Trenton...that's where most of my childhood memories come from, and I still have dreams that involve that house - although the house looks less and less like the original in my dreams...sort of dream-drift.

3. Do you find moving house more exciting or stressful? Why? It's about 33% exciting and 66% pain in the tush. I hate boxing, packing, sorting, cleaning, etc. My last move, we had movers, thank heavens. I think I like moving less the older I get.

4. What's more important, location or price? Like they say, it's location, location, location...until your rent gets raised!

5. What features does your dream house have (pool, spa bath, big yard, etc.)? Quiet, comfort, maybe stone walls or it's partially underground. Or at least a solid, clean dry basement with a wine-and-root-vegetable cellar.

I'm an Earth sign, you know ;)