<
Friday, April 11, 2003
 
by Lenka Reznicek [permalink] 
Friday Five Time!

1. What was the first band you saw in concert? You know, I don't honestly remember. I can tell you who I have seen in concert (in no particular order): Beatlemania, Peter Paul and Mary (2 times), Joan Jett and The Blackhearts, Joan Osborne, Tori Amos (3 times), The Tragically Hip (2 times), Ferron, Crash Test Dummies, Barenaked Ladies, Love and Rockets, Melissa Etheridge, The Wallflowers, The Pixies...I'm sure there were more over the years; I just can't remember right now. Weren't the 90's great?

I can tell you who I wish I'd seen (when they were still active)...the Beatles, Ultravox (pre-1985), Blondie (the late 70's era), the Ramones, the Runaways, Bauhaus, Kraftwerk, the Grateful Dead, Bram Tchaikovsky, The Spoons, The Box (Canadian), vintage Bob Dylan (late 60's), the Supremes...the list goes on....and on.

2. Who is your favorite artist/band now? I can't say I have a "favorite band" - like many different kinds of music.

3. What's your favorite song? Whatever's circling around in my head at any given moment.

4. If you could play any instrument, what would it be? Piano or guitar.

5. If you could meet any musical icon (past or present), who would it be and why? Hmmm...I think Johann Sebastian Bach would be interesting; but I don't speak his language, and he probably spent too much time in Church. Maybe Wendy Carlos, or Midge Ure, John Lennon, or Laraaji. Heck, even Hildegard von Bingen, for that matter.