<
Thursday, February 20, 2003
 
by Lenka Reznicek [permalink] 
Happy Birthday, Wherever You Are!

I'd like to take this time and space to wish a happy birthday to an old friend I've lost touch with over the years. Her name is Mary A. Ponticello, and we met back in 1981 while taking the bus to Hamilton High West in Trenton, New Jersey. She was in 10th grade, I was in 9th, and that would be my last year living in New Jersey. We spent a lot of time talking about matters big and small; had plenty of laughs, as well as some tears like all friends do. My family moved to northern New York in June of 1982, and Mary and I kept in touch for a number of years by phone and "snail mail", and we even visited one another a few times over the next ten years - I like to joke that we would visit every 5 years, and that was true!

People always change a lot in 5 years' span, especially in their teens and twenties. She had a lot of difficult stuff going in her life for a while, and as happens so many times, we lost touch - and we haven't spoken or communicated since the late 90's. The last I knew, she was living somewhere in Philadelphia, but she may no longer be.

Happy birthday Mary, wherever you are. I hope the day is special and fun, and I hope peace, love and joy have found you. I wouldn't even know where to send her a card at this point. So if by chance anyone reading farkleberries today knows Mary, which her a happy birthday from me!